Sunday, November 9, 2008

Week Three Greetings

American Indian Pictograph at Indian Cave State Park

Greetings for Week Three

Blue Jay

How quickly this class moves along always stuns me. At any rate, we enter Week Three, which includes some excellent readings and writing assignments that I hope will challenge you. Make sure to look closely, as always, over the class notes.

I have enjoyed very much reading your first assignment and will have everything that I have received back over the next few days; and then I will work on this week's assignments.

Take the time to do a revision, for my comments push each writer in a direction taken from their individual work--but feel free always to move in a different direction: work on the spirit of my comments.

This class, though terribly compressed, is one of my favorites, so continue to work with enthusiasm. I am very pleased with the group of folks who respond with energy to the discussion threads, and I hope you will find this week's threads of interest.

But more people need to take an active role in the discussions, to be sure.

Once again, you have images to work with, this time in the context of a William Carlos Williams poem. I hope, too, that you will incorporate some of the Derek Walcott material into this week's discussion. See this week's announcements for other links.

Scrolling down from this post, you will find some "graphic" information about making hyperlinks; push yourself to find material on the Internet to add to our discussions--the Internet offers a wealth of wonderful sites to expand our class.


In this particular post, I talk about this week's assignments but also spend time talking about revisions for the writing assignments from Week One.

I wish all of you a good week.

This video comes from Election Night 2008, so do not get confused. I will add a new video over the next couple days.



Tufted Titmouse

No comments: